Phyllis Gilbreth Excellence in Teaching
Phyllis Gilbreth Excellence in Teaching Award Nomination
You have the opportunity to assist in the selection of the Teacher of the Year at Abilene Christian School. Nominations will be accepted from parents, students, teachers, staff, administrators and members of the Board of Trustees. A committee comprised of school administrators, Phyllis Gilbreth, and the previous year’s recipient will choose a winner from the submitted nominations. The award winner will be announced at the Faculty/Staff Dinner in May.
- Creates a Christ-centered environment in the classroom
- Demonstrates excellence in classroom teaching during the current school year
- Models Christ-like behavior to students, parents, and our community
- Demonstrates innovative and creative teaching strategies
- Demonstrates the ability to foster a spirit of inquiry
- Inspires a love of learning in students of all backgrounds and abilities
- Has the respect and admiration of students, parents and colleagues
- Encourages students to achieve their goals
- Promotes school spirit
- Nominee must not have received this award the preceding year nor more than twice in five years.
Winner receives a plaque and $500 stipend.
Nominations for the 2019 Teacher of the Year will open on Friday, March 29.
The 2019 Teacher of the Year winner will be announced on Thursday, May 2 at the faculty/staff appreciation dinner.