There are several opportunities for our students to express their creativity through our Fine Arts program.
Elementary Fine Arts
At ACS, we offer a variety of fine art opportunities for our elementary students including art and music each week, as well as classroom productions.
- Choral/theatrical Christmas program grades 1st- 5
- Special Performance from grades 3 - Kindergarten perform at Grandparents' Day
- First through Fifth also perform at Grandparent’s Day
- Fourth and fifth grade recorders
- Fifth grade Shakespeare play
- First grade fairy tale plays
- Kindergarten Mother Goose performance
- Classes sing and/or perform skits for chapel
- Student artwork continuously displayed in classrooms, elementary office, and library
Middle and High School Fine Arts
ACS offers a full spectrum of Fine Arts classes and extracurricular activities for our secondary students.
- Band - Middle and High School, pep band, concert band, and jazz band
- Choir - Middle and High School, One Voice (high school auditioned Pop choir)
- Theatre - fall and spring performances (middle and high school)
- Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, pottery, and photography
- Yearbook - The Cactus full color hardback annual delivered each spring
- Digital Learning - classes for creative collaborative projects using a variety of technologies
- Media - filming for sports teams and creating multi-media productions
- Choir students compete in TPSMEA and Directors' Choice competitions
- Band students compete in ATSSB, TPSMEA, and Directors' Choice competitions